Friday, June 12, 2009

Chocolate Gateau

sMy first attempt of a chocolate cake for my dear father's 72th birthday. This cake is make of love, sweat etc but not blood....hahahaha..Mixed with almond powder and its chocolaty...The looks so so as my piping skills really need alot of practice. It look like "sh**" so I added almond flakes to cover up....
I was so excited that because of this cake, I went all the way to Sunlik - opposite Raffles Hotel to buy most of the ingredients n also the birthday tag.

Everyone says it tastes very good, but most importantly my dad was in all smiles during the whole celebration.



This orchard is a real survivor, has been like this for about a month already, and
its still growing another new stalk.










2 comments:

ERON said...

Wow, that's a nice cake. Well done! I'm sure your dad is very proud of you. Keep trying, I'm sure your piping skill will improve with much perseverance.

Linda's Corner said...

Hi Eron,

Thanks for your kind comment. Actually ok lah for first attempt.
Piping is really fun..

Linda