Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bread Making Lesson 3

Focaccia and Calzones
Focaccia (foh-ka-chi-ah) is a popular Italian flat bread similar to pizza, usually seasoned with olives and herbs and can be topped with cheese,meat or vegetables. Its soft will definetly give this a try. Accordingly to Chef Judy, Greek eats this as part of their meal and they live a very long life, the dough contains low in fat and sugar.

Calzone is a stuffed or folded pizza originating from Naples. The dough can be filled with an assortment of cheeses, meat and vegetables. It looks like our local curry puff, but trust me our local version is so much better then Calzone. I doubt I'll try this at home as no one seems to like it.




Pizza
This is the only dough we tried to knead with hand, and its fun !
I always imagine kneading with hand is tedious n needs lots of strength,
but its not, I'll definetly try this at home, probably allow my children to knead manually.

Swedish Limpa Bread
Limpa bread is a traditional Swedish Rye Bread flavoured with molasses,anise and orange peel. It is moist and flavourful and goes well with naturally sweet spreads such as cream cheese, jams and preserves.




No comments: